Tuesday, May 1, 2007

There's no place like home.

I spend a lot of time wanting to be other places, other than here.

But I won't deny the fact that I am a total city girl. Living in a big city is almost a rush I can't explain. And I'm definitely lucky to be a DC girl. All the best sights are free, and it's still got that "big city" feel. I talk about my annoyance of the subway, but in reality, I love the traffic and the "hustle and bustle" attitude of the system.

I love the monuments in the spring, and particularly at night. I love the fact that good seafood is only a restaurant or market away. I'm not landlocked, the beach is only a drive away. The people here are opinionated to a fault, but where else can you find such political diversity with passion? We all know that despite our political beliefs, we'll be hailing the same cab to the metro as the next person.

I have to say though, I wish the city cared as much about it's people as the people care for the city.

No comments: